A Series Light Bulbs
A-Series light bulbs, often known as “A bulbs,” are the quintessential pear-shaped bulbs many envision when thinking of a light bulb. These bulbs are commonly used in various household fixtures, from table lamps to ceiling fixtures. There are several individual types of A Series light bulbs including:
- A15 Light Bulb – An A15 light bulb is a smaller-sized, standard shape bulb often used in household appliances like ovens, refrigerators, and some decorative fixtures. Its “A” stands for Arbitrary (or Classic) shape, and “15” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch. So, an A15 bulb is approximately 1.875 inches in diameter. While compact, it still provides effective illumination and fits in many common sockets.
- A17 Light Bulb – An A17 light bulb is a slightly larger standard shaped bulb that’s commonly used in various lighting applications. The “A” stands for Arbitrary (or Classic) shape, and “17” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch. This means an A17 bulb is approximately 2.125 inches in diameter. Offering versatile illumination, it can be found in a range of fixtures and easily fits many typical sockets.
- A19 Light Bulb – The A19 light bulb is one of the most common bulb shapes, often used in standard household lighting fixtures. The “A” denotes Arbitrary (or Classic) shape, while “19” signifies its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to about 2.375 inches. Its familiar size and shape make it a go-to choice for many lamps and overhead lights.
- A20 Light Bulb – An A20 light bulb is a moderately-sized standard shape bulb suitable for a variety of lighting setups. With “A” representing Arbitrary (or Classic) shape and “20” indicating its diameter in eighths of an inch, it measures approximately 2.5 inches in diameter. This bulb provides ample illumination while fitting snugly in many regular light fixtures.
- A21 Light Bulb – The A21 light bulb is a larger version of the classic bulb shape, often chosen for spaces that require a bit more brightness. Its “A” stands for Arbitrary (or Classic) shape, and “21” denotes its diameter in eighths of an inch, which is about 2.625 inches. Its size allows for a broader light spread, making it suitable for both general lighting and specific task areas.
- A23 Light Bulb – An A23 light bulb is one of the larger standard bulb shapes, ideal for spaces that need significant illumination. The “A” symbolizes its Arbitrary (or Classic) shape, while “23” signifies its diameter in eighths of an inch, rounding up to 2.875 inches. With its wider diameter, it’s perfect for fixtures designed to accommodate a more robust light source.
PS Series Light Bulbs
PS-Series light bulbs, or “PS bulbs,” are recognized for their elongated, pear-shaped design. The “PS” in their name stands for “Pear Straight,” indicative of their straight-sided pear profile. Unlike the more common A-Series bulbs, PS bulbs have a longer shape, making them suitable for certain decorative or specialty applications where a longer bulb profile is desired. Individual types of PS Series Light Bulbs include:
- PS25 Light Bulb – The PS25 light bulb boasts a pear-shaped silhouette, often used in larger fixtures or industrial settings. The “PS” stands for Pear Straight, and “25” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, meaning it’s approximately 3.125 inches in diameter. Its design ensures a wide spread of illumination, suitable for areas requiring more expansive lighting.
- PS35 Light Bulb – A PS35 light bulb offers an even more expansive pear-shaped design, typically chosen for larger spaces or specific industrial needs. With “PS” denoting Pear Straight and “35” signifying its diameter in eighths of an inch, it measures roughly 4.375 inches across. This bulb’s broader profile provides a substantial amount of light, making it ideal for sizable rooms or areas.
B Series Light Bulbs
B-Series light bulbs, commonly referred to as “B bulbs,” are characterized by their flame or bullet-like shape, reminiscent of a candelabra or decorative candle. The “B” stands for “Bent Tip,” which describes the gentle curve at the top of these bulbs, often used in chandeliers, wall sconces, and other decorative fixtures. Their design is not just for aesthetics; the shape helps to diffuse and spread light in a way that mimics the soft glow of candles. Individual types of B Series Light Bulbs include:
- B8 Light Bulb – The B8 light bulb features a decorative, flame-like shape, commonly found in chandeliers or ornate fixtures. The “B” represents its Blunt Tip or B shape, and “8” notes its diameter in eighths of an inch, which is about 1 inch. Its petite and elegant design makes it a favorite for adding a touch of sophistication to lighting decor.
- B10 Light Bulb – An B10 light bulb showcases a slender, decorative flame shape, often chosen for chandeliers, sconces, or other decorative fixtures. With “B” signifying its Blunt Tip or B shape and “10” denoting its diameter in eighths of an inch, it measures approximately 1.25 inches in diameter. Its refined design is perfect for spaces aiming for a touch of elegance.
- B11 Light Bulb – The B11 light bulb carries a decorative flame design slightly larger than the B10, making it suitable for a range of ornamental fixtures. Its “B” stands for Blunt Tip or B shape, while “11” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to about 1.375 inches. Its classic flame shape brings a touch of charm to any setting.
- B13 Light Bulb – A B13 light bulb offers a decorative flame shape, often found in fixtures that require a slightly broader design than the B11. With “B” representing its Blunt Tip or B shape and “13” signifying its diameter in eighths of an inch, it’s roughly 1.625 inches across. Its distinct shape adds a decorative flair, making it ideal for fixtures aiming to create ambiance.
C Series Light Bulbs
C-Series light bulbs, commonly known as “C bulbs,” are recognized for their candle or conical shape, reminiscent of the flame of a candle. The letter “C” in their name stands for “Candelabra,” indicating their primary use in decorative applications such as chandeliers, wall sconces, and ornate lamps. These bulbs have a pointed tip, which differentiates them from the B-Series bulbs that have a bent tip. Individual types of C Series Light Bulbs include:
- C6 Light Bulb – The C6 light bulb showcases a petite, candle-like design, frequently found in festive or decorative lighting arrays. The “C” denotes its Conical or Candle shape, and “6” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to about 0.75 inches. Its small footprint makes it a popular choice for string lights or miniature decorative applications.
- C7 Light Bulb – A C7 light bulb offers a candle-like shape, slightly larger than the C6, often used in nightlights and festive decorations. With “C” signifying its Conical or Candle design and “7” denoting its diameter in eighths of an inch, it measures approximately 0.875 inches across. Its versatile size is ideal for a variety of decorative lighting scenarios.
- C9 Light Bulb – The C9 light bulb carries a robust candle shape, commonly used for outdoor holiday lighting or decorative fixtures. Its “C” stands for Conical or Candle, while “9” notes its diameter in eighths of an inch, which translates to about 1.125 inches. Its size and design make it a favorite for adding a burst of light and color to exterior settings.
- C11 Light Bulb – An C11 light bulb features a broader conical design, perfect for medium-sized decorative fixtures. The “C” represents its Conical or Candle shape, and “11” signifies its diameter in eighths of an inch, measuring about 1.375 inches. Its slightly larger shape ensures a wider spread of illumination, suitable for spaces needing a touch of ambient lighting.
- C15 Light Bulb – The C15 light bulb boasts a larger conical or candle shape, often chosen for larger decorative fixtures or lamps. With “C” denoting its design and “15” indicating its diameter in eighths of an inch, it’s roughly 1.875 inches across. Its spacious design provides a generous amount of light, making it a go-to for spaces aiming for both ambiance and style.
CA Series Light Bulbs
CA-Series light bulbs, commonly referred to as “CA bulbs,” feature a flame-like, candle-shaped design similar to other candle bulbs but are distinguished by their bent or twisted tip. The “CA” stands for “Candle Angular.” This specific design enhances their decorative appeal, making them a preferred choice for fixtures where the bulb is visible, such as chandeliers, sconces, and certain types of pendant lights. Individual types of CA Series Light Bulbs include:
- CA5 Light Bulb – The CA5 light bulb exhibits an elegant, candle-like shape with a slightly twisted or bent tip, adding a touch of class to fixtures. The “CA” stands for Candle Angular, while “5” represents its diameter in eighths of an inch, making it about 0.625 inches across. Its compact design and decorative flair make it a preferred choice for chandeliers and sconces.
- CA7 Light Bulb – A CA7 light bulb features the signature candle shape with a graceful bent tip, commonly used in decorative settings. With “CA” indicating Candle Angular and “7” denoting its diameter in eighths of an inch, it measures approximately 0.875 inches in diameter. Its combination of size and style makes it ideal for ornate fixtures and intimate lighting scenarios.
- CA8 Light Bulb – The CA8 light bulb carries a stylish candle design with a distinct angular or bent tip, a favorite for enhancing the ambiance of spaces. The “CA” signifies Candle Angular, and “8” points to its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to about 1 inch across. Its delicate design is perfect for chandeliers, wall sconces, and other decorative fixtures.
- CA10 Light Bulb – An CA10 light bulb showcases a slightly larger candle shape with the recognizable twisted or bent tip. The “CA” represents its Candle Angular form, while “10” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, measuring roughly 1.25 inches. This bulb’s blend of size and ornamental design suits both vintage and modern fixtures alike.
- CA11 Light Bulb – The CA11 light bulb boasts a refined candle design with the elegant bent tip, frequently chosen for its decorative and ambient lighting qualities. With “CA” denoting its Candle Angular shape and “11” signifying its diameter in eighths of an inch, it’s approximately 1.375 inches in diameter. Its versatile design complements a variety of lighting fixtures, from wall sconces to grand chandeliers.
RP & S Series Light Bulbs
RP and S-Series light bulbs are distinct in their designs and purposes. The RP, standing for “Reflector Parabolic,” typically describes bulbs with a parabolic shape and a reflective interior, designed to focus and direct light in a specific direction. These are often used in spotlights or for task lighting. On the other hand, S-Series, denoted as “Sign” or “Straight Sided” bulbs, have a rounded, globular shape. Commonly recognized by their characteristic spherical design, they are frequently used in decorative applications, signs, and night lights. Individual types of RP & Series Light Bulbs include:
- RP11 Light Bulb – The RP11 light bulb offers a unique reflector shape, often found in spotlighting or directed lighting applications. The “RP” indicates its Reflector Parabolic design, while “11” represents its diameter in eighths of an inch, measuring roughly 1.375 inches across. Given its design, it’s adept at concentrating light to specific areas, making it a favorite for display or accent lighting.
- S6 Light Bulb – The S6 light bulb showcases a straight or slightly tapered design, reminiscent of the traditional incandescent form. “S” stands for Straight Sided, and “6” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to about 0.75 inches in diameter. Due to its compact size, it’s often found in indicator lights, signs, or small fixtures.
- S8 Light Bulb – An S8 light bulb features a straight-sided shape, versatile for various applications. The “S” denotes its Straight Sided form, while “8” signifies its diameter in eighths of an inch, which comes to approximately 1 inch. Its universal design makes it a go-to for everything from automotive lights to decorative fixtures.
- S11 Light Bulb – The S11 light bulb offers a classic straight or slightly tapered design, commonly used in a range of lighting situations. With “S” standing for Straight Sided and “11” denoting its diameter in eighths of an inch, it measures about 1.375 inches across. Given its size, it’s perfect for small lamps, accent lighting, and more.
- S14 Light Bulb – The S14 light bulb carries a straight-sided design, often chosen for its versatility. The “S” signifies its Straight Sided shape, and “14” points to its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to around 1.75 inches. Due to its robust size, it’s commonly used in outdoor string lights, marquee signs, and larger fixtures.
- ST18 Light Bulb – The ST18 light bulb exhibits a vintage-inspired straight tubular shape, bringing an antique feel to any setting. The “ST” represents its Straight Tubular design, and “18” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, measuring roughly 2.25 inches across. Its nostalgic aesthetic is a favorite for pendant lights, exposed bulb fixtures, and other decorative applications.
F Series Light Bulbs
F-Series light bulbs, often referred to as “Flame” or “Flametip” bulbs, are designed to mimic the appearance of a candle’s flame with their distinct pointed tip. Characterized by their elongated shape with a soft curve that tapers to a tip, these bulbs are commonly used in decorative applications, such as chandeliers, sconces, or other fixtures where the bulb is visible, adding an aesthetic appeal. Individual types of F Series Light Bulbs include:
- F41 Light Bulb – The F41 light bulb has a distinct tubular shape, often found in specialty and decorative applications. The “F” suggests its Flame or Flicker Flame shape, ideal for imitating the ambiance of natural candlelight, and “41” denotes its length in millimeters. Its unique design makes it a go-to for creating a cozy, warm atmosphere.
- F15 Light Bulb – The F15 light bulb features a flame shape, reminiscent of the natural curves of a candle’s flame. The “F” stands for its Flame-like design, and “15” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to approximately 1.875 inches in diameter. This design is often chosen for decorative fixtures, wall sconces, or chandeliers to bring an elegant, warm touch.
- F20 Light Bulb – An F20 light bulb carries a flame or flicker flame shape, providing a romantic and warm glow reminiscent of candlelight. The “F” denotes its Flame design, while “20” signifies its diameter in eighths of an inch, which comes to about 2.5 inches. Its candle-like appearance makes it popular in decorative wall fixtures, lanterns, and other ambient lighting setups.
R Series Light Bulbs
R-Series light bulbs, standing for “Reflector”, are engineered to direct and focus light in a specific direction. These bulbs have a reflective inner surface and a characteristic bulbous shape that is wider in the middle and tapers toward the base. They are designed to channel light output, making them optimal for fixtures that need directed light such as recessed can lights, track lights, or spotlights. Individual types of R Series Light Bulbs include:
- R12 Light Bulb – The R12 light bulb features a reflective design, where the “R” stands for Reflector. The number “12” indicates its diameter in eighths of an inch, translating to 1.5 inches. These bulbs are designed to direct light forward, making them ideal for specific spotlighting applications or in small fixtures where directed illumination is desired.
- R14 Light Bulb – The R14 is a reflector bulb, which means it’s crafted to direct and focus light in a particular direction. With a diameter of 14 eighths (or 1.75 inches), these bulbs are often used in smaller recessed fixtures and accent lighting setups to highlight specific areas or objects.
- R16 Light Bulb – An R16 bulb uses its reflective inner surface to concentrate light forward. Its diameter, as denoted by the “16”, is 2 inches. This compact size combined with its directional lighting capability makes it a preferred choice for track lighting, recessed cans, or spotlights in both homes and businesses.
- R20 Light Bulb – R20 light bulbs, with a diameter of 2.5 inches (20 eighths), are reflector bulbs designed to provide focused illumination. Their shape allows them to be used effectively in recessed and track lighting setups, casting a more concentrated beam of light to highlight specific areas or features.
- R25 Light Bulb – The R25 bulb, with its 3.125-inch diameter (25 eighths), is another member of the reflector family. Its design ensures light is cast in a specific direction, making it apt for track lighting, downlights, and other fixtures where directional lighting is essential.
- R30 Light Bulb – R30 bulbs have a reflective design, focusing light in a particular direction. With a diameter of 3.75 inches (30 eighths), these bulbs are commonly found in residential recessed lighting fixtures or downlights, offering a balance of spread and focus in their illumination.
- R40 Light Bulb – The R40 is one of the larger reflector bulbs, with a diameter measuring 5 inches (or 40 eighths). Thanks to its size and design, it casts a broader beam of directed light, making it a top choice for larger recessed fixtures in both residential and commercial spaces, where a more extensive area needs highlighting or illumination.
MR Series Light Bulbs
Multifaceted Reflector bulbs are notable for their compact size and ability to concentrate light through a precision design. The multifaceted reflector within the bulb efficiently manages light, directing it in a controlled manner, making these bulbs excellent for spotlighting, track lighting, and various accent lighting applications. The precise beam control is favored in both residential and commercial settings where detailed or focal lighting is desired, for instance, in art galleries, retail displays, or to highlight architectural details.
- MR8 Light Bulb – The MR8 bulb, where “MR” stands for Multifaceted Reflector, has a diameter of 8 eighths of an inch, making it 1 inch in size. Its compact size combined with precise focus makes it suitable for accent lighting, especially in smaller decorative fixtures or specific task lighting situations.
- MR11 Light Bulb – The MR11 is a multifaceted reflector bulb with a diameter of 11 eighths, which translates to 1.375 inches. With its pinpointed illumination, it’s a popular choice for landscape lighting, display cases, and certain track lighting applications.
- MR16 Light Bulb – MR16 bulbs, with a 2-inch diameter (16 eighths), are among the more popular MR bulbs. Known for their precise beam control, they’re often used in track lighting, pendant fixtures, landscape lighting, and recessed downlights.
- MR20 Light Bulb – The MR20, with a diameter of 2.5 inches (20 eighths), offers a slightly broader beam compared to its smaller counterparts. Like other MR bulbs, its multifaceted design provides excellent focus, making it suitable for display lighting and certain overhead fixtures.
BR Series Light Bulbs
BR-Series light bulbs, or “Bulged Reflector” bulbs, are an evolution of the standard reflector bulbs. They have a bulged design which maximizes the efficiency of its reflective capabilities. This design helps in minimizing the scatter of light and focuses the light output in a specific direction. Individual types of BR series light bulbs include:
- BR25 Light Bulb – BR, or Bulged Reflector, bulbs like the BR25, with its 3.125-inch diameter (25 eighths), have a unique bulged shape, allowing for a broader beam spread. These are often used in places where soft, diffused light is needed, such as wall sconces or certain recessed fixtures.
- BR30 Light Bulb – The BR30 bulb, with a diameter of 3.75 inches (30 eighths), is one of the more common bulbs in the BR family. Its design provides a combination of spread and focus, making it a popular choice for general-purpose recessed lighting in residential spaces.
- BR38 Light Bulb – With its 4.75-inch diameter (38 eighths), the BR38 bulb is designed for broader beam illumination. Its versatile lighting characteristics make it apt for both indoor and outdoor floodlight applications.
- BR40 Light Bulb – The BR40, boasting a 5-inch diameter (40 eighths), is one of the larger BR bulbs. Its broader illumination spread makes it ideal for larger recessed fixtures, especially in commercial spaces where ample lighting is essential.
G Series Light Bulbs
G-Series light bulbs, known for their “Globe” shape, are spherical bulbs that spread light in every direction. They are often used in decorative applications, such as vanity mirrors, pendant lights, and open fixtures, where the bulb itself is visible. Individual types of G series light bulbs include:
- G9 Light Bulb – The G9 bulb has a diameter of 9 eighths of an inch, or 1.125 inches. Often compact with a pin base, it’s commonly found in desk lamps, accent lights, and some decorative fixtures, especially where space is a constraint.
- G11 Light Bulb – The G11, measuring 1.375 inches in diameter (11 eighths), is a slightly larger globe bulb. Its size makes it suitable for smaller decorative fixtures or vanity mirrors where soft, even light is essential.
- G12 Light Bulb – With a diameter of 1.5 inches (12 eighths), the G12 provides a gentle, spherical glow, making it perfect for ambient lighting in both residential and commercial settings.
- G16 Light Bulb – The G16, at 2 inches in diameter (16 eighths), offers a blend of compactness and ample illumination. It’s a popular choice for vanity lighting, pendant fixtures, and certain chandeliers.
- G16 1/2 Light Bulb – Slightly larger than the G16, the G16 1/2 has a diameter of 2.0625 inches. This bulb offers a slightly more expansive glow, ideal for decorative fixtures that require a balance between size and luminance.
- G19 Light Bulb – The G19’s diameter measures 2.375 inches (19 eighths). Its unique size and shape make it a fit for specific decorative and accent lighting fixtures where the bulb’s aesthetics play a role.
- G25 Light Bulb – A commonly used globe bulb, the G25, with its 3.125-inch diameter (25 eighths), is a favorite for bathroom vanities and decorative pendant lights. Its broader spread of light ensures even and flattering illumination.
- G30 Light Bulb – The G30 bulb, at 3.75 inches in diameter (30 eighths), is often chosen for its aesthetic appeal as much as its function. It provides soft lighting, ideal for larger decorative fixtures, chandeliers, and outdoor string lights.
- G40 Light Bulb – Measuring 5 inches in diameter (40 eighths), the G40 is one of the larger globe bulbs. Its significant size offers a generous glow, making it perfect for standalone fixtures, larger pendant lights, or outdoor patio string lights where its spherical beauty can be on full display.