LED Retrofit Experts
Convert Outdated Commercial Fixtures To LED
Benefits of Retrofitting
- ✓Cheaper installation
- ✓Save time and effort
- ✓Higher Return on Investment
- ✓Less potential complications
- ✓Less waste
- ✓Keep existing fixtures while receiving benefits of LEDs
Retrofitting For Indoor Fixtures
We have a wide variety of LED tubes available for indoor commercial lighting fixtures such as troffers and drop-ceiling lights. These are used to retrofit existing fluorescent bulbs inside an office space, retail store, or other commercial building.
Retrofitting For Outdoor Fixtures
We have a variety of retrofitting options available for outdoor lighting fixtures such as wall packs or post lights. These are used to retrofit outdated lights in parking lots and other outdoor areas.
Retrofitting For Warehouse Lights
Warehouse lighting fixtures require specialized retrofitting options. This usually involves replacing the bulbs inside metal halide fixtures. We carry industrial quality LED lamps and lighting fixtures that can be used for retrofitting inside a warehouse or other industrial setting.
Energy Savings Comparison
We’ve prepared some information using a case study from an office building that retrofitted fluorescent T8 fluorescents tubes with X-Series LED T8 tubes that we offer.
Current Annual Lighting Cost
LED Lighting Cost
LED Retrofit Cost
Annual LED Savings
Frequently Asked Retrofitting Questions
Q. What is an LED Retrofit?
An LED retrofit is essentially a conversion of an existing fixture (whether it be CFL, Fluorescent, Incandescent, etc) to a LED lighting fixture. Sometimes it is not possible or practical to retrofit an existing fixture to LED - in those cases the existing fixture would be replaced entirely with a new LED fixture.
Q. What should be considered when doing an LED Retrofit?
LED lighting functions in a different manner than traditional lighting. Therefore, a couple things should be considered when doing an LED Retrofit in your facility:
- Retrofitting existing fixtures can somewhat limit your options in terms of what is available in the LED lighting marketplace. Most LED lighting is offered in multiple retrofit configurations to work in most existing fixtures, but sometimes it’s not possible.
- Dimmer switches and controls for traditional lighting will not work for LED lighting. When retrofitting your fixtures, you will also have to change the dimmer switches to an LED specific version if you would like to keep the dimmer feature.
Q. What are the benefits of retrofitting?
The primary benefit of LED retrofitting is the drastically lowered energy consumption compared to traditional and fluorescent lighting - resulting in as much as an 80% reduction in energy costs over a year. Roughly 90% of a building’s total lifetime cost (including the initial cost of the building itself) is wrapped up in operating expenses, the largest portion of which is energy costs from lighting.
Other benefits of LED retrofitting include:
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased quality of the light
- Higher energy-efficiency
- Reduced harmful chemicals and toxins
- More color temperature options
- Cheaper installation v.s. replacing